
On November 18, 2007 last year I was out cleaning the leaves from our backyard with the leaf blower when a bag got sucked up in the motor, and not really thinking at the time I stuck my hand up there to get it out when "ching" my hand got hit real hard!! My mother-in-law was with me at the time so she was able to call kevy from work and since niether of us have cars, Kev had to come home, QUICK! I really think that was record timing for him too! Luckily Kevin works for the best hand surgeon in the State cause Kev was able to call him and get me right in to see him. The pain was so horrible, pretty much worse than labor, but I really don't remember labor that much since I was pretty drugged up! The doctor was actually just finished doing surgery

and

he was able to come in numb my hand take a look at the damage and determine what he needed to do, then run back to a scheduled surgery. I was so lucky I didn't loose my fingers that day! The doctor had to surgically reattached my nail bed, the tip of my middle finger got chipped off and my ring finger the tendon got streched and I had to tourcher threw 2 months of physical therapy, not to mention the doc had to cut off my wedding ring :( It was a hard month!! (Picture below: One Month after accident) I still don't have a nail to this day and the doctor says he thinks it may never come back :( But the is ok I am just glad I still have a finger :)
5 comments:
We are all so glad that you still have a finger! It would be so sad if you didn't:)! Did you get your wedding ring fixed? I guess I never though about that... and it makes me sad- although I bet you were pretty bummed yourself. Come check out our blog too! We miss you guys!
Yeah! That was scary! But I am very glad you still have a finger!!
Those pictures are really gross! I can't even imagine how bad that must have hurt!!
"OWIE" Ouch just reading that made my finger hurt! It's a good thing you still have your finger! Just in case you ever decide to use it to flash someone the bird...j/k I'm glad it's healing. That would be so hard to have someone HAVE to cut off your ring... Did you get it fixed?
I haven't even fixed my ring yet, I am so sad, we just haven't had the money too :( but hopefully soon! And I was flashing the bird to everyone because that finger couldn't bend down for like almost two months! It was very painful, but much better now :)
Post a Comment