Enjoy the little things

Saturday, December 31, 2011

November - Christmas Tree Permits, Birthdays and Random

November! You know what time that is... Christmas Tree Permits! It was actually pretty cold this year and it snowed on us! But we brought the tent and stay nice and comfy inside, well The kids and I did, Kev and our niece Kenzie slept out of the tent cause there was no room, but they stayed nice and warm anyhow. And as always it was so much fun!
1st in line!
Kev and Kenzie waiting in line!Ethan looking a little suspicious!
He wanted to start a snowball fight!After we got our permits we couldn't decide whether or not we wanted to go cut our tree. It was snowing pretty good and we didn't exactly want to drive up in the canyon in a snow storm... but we decided to brace it anyway. As we were driving further up the canyon, the storm wasn't as bad as we thought so we were grateful for that! Kiley and I stayed behind while Kev and Ethan went to pick out the Perfect Tree! And they did!
Kiley coloring in the truck while we wait for the boys to get back.the Guys bracing the weather!Ethan and Kev found the perfect tree! Kev told me that Ethan picked this one out all by himself! I love it! One night as we were playing with the kids, Kiley, just out of the blue, ran up to Ethan a threw a car right at his face, it gave him a pretty good black eye. Once Ethan started crying Kiley knew she had done something wrong and she felt bad and started crying herself, but Ethan being the sweet, forgiving boy that he is hugged Kiley and told her it was OK and not to cry and assured her that he was ok. They sure love each other! If only we all had that kind of forgiveness in our hearts! That is what it means to be child-like! I learn so much from my little cuties! I am so blessed to have them!
The car that did the damageEthan was such a tough boy though and he knew it was an accidentKiley feeling better once she knew Ethan was better.For Ethan's birthday this year we asked him what he wanted to do and he said he wanted to go to Boondocks so that is what we did. I didn't take any pictures because everyone was having so much fun, that and I forgot my camera cause I am a slacker. But I can not believe my little baby boy is 5 years old! Where does that time go! I have been so blessed to have my little Ethan in my life, and to be his mommy! I learn so much from him. He is the sweetest boy. Any time I am feeling down he will come and cheer me up! I love him! How did I get so blessed? Kev had been working for a couple months making the kids a bunk-bed and it was his goal to finish it for Ethan's birthday and he did! The kids LOVE it! They have not slept in our beds once since we put it up for them! Kev did such a great job, and his Uncle was so nice to let us use his shop! It is so nice to have our beds to ourselves again!Ethan is LOVING his new bed and his new Super Mario bed set!Kiley Loves her new bed and her Princess bed set!

4 comments:

Vyedka said...

I always love seeing your first in line pictures to get your tree permit!! Love it! Ethan looks so cute in his nice little coat and hat! And Kiley cheesy grin is adorable!!I love the tree that Ethan picked out all by himself! What a fun tradition!!

Poor little Ethan. That looks like a pretty bad cut! And how true is that to be so child-like. If only we could all be like that, instantly forgiving. You have such adorable, loving kids. And you are raising them so well! You are such a great Mommy!

Wow, great Job Kevin! That bunk bed looks beautiful! He did such an amazing job! And it looks like it was a ton of work! My poor kids are still sleeping in toddler beds, because we can't afford 2 Twin Mattresses. Poor Kaleb, his head touches the head board and his legs touch the foot of his bed. He is too talk for his toddler bed.

I am glad Ethan had a fun birthday. I can't believe he is five too! Wow our kids are getting so big! These pictures are all so cute!!

Erika and Kevin said...

Ohhh Thanks Vyedka! I LOVE when you comment on my blog! Our kids would be the best-est of friends! You need to get back here to Utah! Oh Poor Kaleb! I know Ethan kept telling us how uncomfortable his bed was and he didn't want to sleep in it, he would rather sleep on the floor then his bed, so we started looking for bunk beds but Kev said he could just make one that was much sturdier and half and even a third the price so he did, and it turn out awesome! He did work so hard on it too! But the kids love it too! We got the Mattresses at Ikea for only $98.00 each, I think they even had some that were $70. Do they had an Ikea up there? I actually love that place! Next time you come down we should go look around! Thanks for your sweet comments!

Vyedka said...

No joke, bunk beds are expensive. The one Kevin made would cost at least $400-$500 dollars! First of all it is beautiful and it is made of nice sturdy wood. And that gets expensive. The cheapest one we could find second hand was $300.00! But then we were blessed because I was looking online and happen to see a bunk bed for free! I instantly picked up my phone and called and I got it!! It is missing all of its screws and bolts and stuff but that is easily replaced at home depot. But we can't set it up because we don't have money for the mattresses. hahaha what a joke. That would be nice to get some from Ikea...They have a Ikea in Vancouver across the pond...but we don't really have a way of bringing them back because we don't have a truck. Blast!

Erika and Kevin said...

Just throw it on the top of your SUV and tie it down. Actually they come rolled up so I bet they would fit in the back of your car. You should go check it out (if your budget allows) Bunk beds are awesome! You should really look into getting it set up for Kaleb. He would love it!