The weekend of June 4 we went up to Park City and stayed the weekend in a hotel and did the Dirty Dash with our buddies Cory, Kendelle, Andy, Tony and his wife Camille. They had so many people sign up they did the races every half hour, our race didn't start till 2:30 in the afternoon. It was such an awesome, fun race. There wasn't as much mud as I thought there was going to be... at the beginning anyway, but the race started you off going up a steep hill that was just covered in mud so it was really slippery. Every time you would start up this hill you would slip and fall flat on your face. They had some pretty awesome obstacles, you had to climb over hay stacks and crawl through pipes, run through tires. But at the end was were all the fun was. From the top of the mountain you slid down this slippery slide, then right as you were getting to the finish line you had to swim, literally swim through mud that was up to my chest. We had a good time, but I didn't take any pictures :( Tony's wife Camille didn't race with us, but stood off to the side and took our pictures. I don't have any copies yet, but hopefully I can get those. We want to do it again next year so if anybody wants to join our team let us know!
Here we are chillin in our hotel after the race, sadly this was like the only picture I took with my camera :( Pathetic, I know haha
June 11th was the Tour de Cure and it was a perfect day for riding! Kevin and I, Shaun and James were all ready to get started and frankly get it over with. Vanessa was awesome enough to tag our kids along with her. She met us at quite a few rest stops and we were able to visit for a sec and we were able to see our kids. It was awesome. It was a big motivator for me to get to the next rest stop so I could see my little cuties!
Here we are just waiting for the race to begin
This is what the view was like 99% of the time... nothingness






1 comment:
You should ask her for the pictures! I would love to see how dirty you guys got!! hahaha sounds pretty yucky to me! hahaha but I bet it was a lot of fun! Awesome pictures of your race though! Too bad your guys didn't have a prettier view though while you were riding!
Hahaha I like the picture of you behind Kevin's shoulder! hahaha do you know that biker? hahaha I think it is funny that she is totally smiling for the camera too! And good thing Shaun's tire didn't pop 5 minutes earlier!!
Post a Comment