May 21 was the big day! Kev had signed up to do the Salt Lake Century, James had signed up to do it as well, I felt bad I wasn't able to sign up, but I have gone back to working every Saturday so it is hard to get a Saturday off to do some of these rides with my honey, but nonetheless he did it, and it was a perfect day for riding! It had been horrible weather up to that day, we had been so worried about what the weather would be like, now we get to worry once again what the weather will be like for Tour de Cure on June 11. The route starts at the Utah State fairgrounds, travels past the east part of the airport, then into west bountiful, centerville, west Farmington, Layton, Syracuse, and on into Hooper where you turn and head back south. upon hitting Antelope drive again you turn west and go across the causeway to Antelope island where you do a 4.5 mile loop around the north portion of the island and then back across the causeway to syracuse, Layton, Farmington, Centerville, Bountiful and back in to Salt Lake to the Utah State fair Grounds, it is quite the ride, I was so very grateful I was able to see him cross the finish line! 105.97 miles in 5 hours and 47 minutes moving time 6 hours and 39min total elapsed time which includes rest stops. they kept and moving average of 18.3 mph, that is awesome. I am so proud of my hubbie! That was such a great accomplishment for him! I love you Kev and am so proud of you!
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Loved this post! I totally didn't realize that I hadn't commented on it yet! Sorry! Kevin got such a great time! And you took such great pictures! Good job Kevin and James!
Thanks Vyedka! I know they both did awesome! I think I am going to do this one next year with them instead of Tour de cure, Kev said this ride was awesome! A Lot better course I guess.
Sweet! I bet you will have a fun time! Would you be doing 100 miles?
That is what I am thinking, 100 miles, every time I sign up for 100 miler I never reach that goal. When I did the Tour de Cure I was only able to do 75 miles so I really REALLY want to do 100 miles!
Post a Comment