Well December 1st was the huge east wind storm. Boy was it scary! I was one day late getting my car registered so I went first thing in the morning to get my car registered I thought I was going to get blown away! Highway 89 was freaking scary! Debris was flying everywhere! There were 2 trampolines that were barley hanging on to a fence and a tree I thought for sure they would give and fly right into my car, I heard that a shed had already blown across the highway, hitting a car, trees were falling down left and right. We heard on the news later that night that the Davis County Golf Course on Nichols road lost around 800 trees! It was crazy! We had hurricane speed winds! I couldn't even believe! We were out of power for 2 days! Kelly, who I work with, said she was out of power for almost 4 days! Kev got lucky and was able to get the LAST generator the store had. The guy told Kev he could probably sell it right then for double the price it was! Ha ha kinda funny how when your in a emergency situation, you aren't as prepared as you thought you'd be! We used it though to power our fridge and the TV cause truthfully the kids were going crazy without it! We had the fireplace that kept us warm all night long so we weren't too worried about heat. But as I was driving down 200 N that morning I saw a 5th wheel trailer that was blown completely upside down. I later went and took a picture of it (and so had a billion other people). We were lucky and had no serious damage to our house just one little spot where the siding flipped off, no shingles flew off luckily either, but we sure had someones in our yard! My parents lost a bunch of shingles, and the Street light in the corner of their yard fell down! It was amazing how neighbors, afterward, came together to help clean up! The next Sunday (there was suppose to be another wind storm coming again) Our church just had sacrament then told everyone to go home and get ready for the next storm and help clean up the trees that were down and take them to the dumps, cause they were all open that day. It was amazing how fast everything got cleaned up! Luckily the next wind storm wasn't as bad as the other so there was no further damage done but such an awesome experience really to see everyone work together! The weeks following we saw the national guard come and help clean up all the trees that had fallen and everything. It was pretty cool!
Here is a picture of one of the 3 trees our neighbor lost

Here is our shed, the wind picked it up and moved it probably a foot off the foundation, Kev had to unload everything in it before he could move it back. Our neighbor behind us, has a lifetime shed as well but it had completely collapsed, the walls had blown off and everything. We were feeling pretty fortunate we didn't have any serious damage!

Kev's brother, Shaun, Lost a couple, huge pine trees in his yard and had damage to his fence obviously. Kev went to go help him clean it up

This is the 5th Wheel that had tipped over from the wind, pretty crazy! That would suck for sure!


Merry Christmas! Can I just say I am kinda glad it is over? I was working double overtime at the Post Office, you know that is the busiest time of the year for us! I am grateful for the work though let me tell you! But we had a very nice relaxing Christmas Day! Ethan was super excited! Christmas Eve was spent at my parents house. We played some games, Gave some awesome white elephant gifts and had some yummy treats! I couldn't believe how excited Ethan was to get to sleep that night! He kept telling me Mom I want to go to bed so Santa can come! It was so cute! We woke up around 6:30 the next morning and opened gifts. The kids were so excited and loved everything they got! Dave invited us out to his house for breakfast, so we did that, then we went to my parents house and I was able to talk to my little brother on Skype! How cool is that! I saw my little brother on his mission! He looked so good! I love and miss that man! He is such a good awesome brother and missionary! But he is doing awesome! Then Ethan was dying to get home to finally be able to play with his toys. He got a Remote control Mario Cart and it had been charging all morning so after we were done with our errands we could get home and he could play. It was fun! Kiley and Ethan were happy and so was my Kevy! It was a great day! Of course a great day to remember our Savior Jesus Christ, His life and Teachings, and all he has given to us!
Merry Christmas Morning, before opening our gifts.

Ethan super exited about his Super Mario Galaxy game, He also got Cars 2 Wii Game

Kiley Opening her gifts, She got a V tech, my first lap top that will help her learn her ABC's and 123's, She also got a Princess Barbie set with 7 Disney princesses, Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel, Ariel, Bell, Jasmine and the princess off of Princess and the frog, don't know her name I have never seen that one yet. But she loved it!

Ethan with his new Mario Cart Remote Control Car. I got a killer deal on this thing!

Kiley in her new Christmas outfit, they both got quite a bit of new clothes, something they really needed!

Oh and Merry Christmas to Kev and I! We sold our Toyota Tacoma in Mid November. I was without a Car for almost 3 weeks and was going crazy, yeah those early morning walks taking Ethan to preschool wasn't working out to well, it was a little cold. So we went just to look and ended up taking this beauty with us! I love it! Our new Toyota UrbanRunner. Merry Christmas to us!

New years came and went we were invited to go to some of our friend's house but Kev and Kiley started to not feel good so we were in bed by 10:30, which was OK, we need the rest more. We had some great lessons at Church that motivated me to be a better Mom, wife, daughter, Sister and just a better person in General! I've got my New Years goals set and I am ready for the New Year to roll! Happy New Year!
3 comments:
WOw! where do I begin to comment on this post!! December was a busy, crazy month for you guys!! Yikes about the storm! That is scary and crazy! I am glad you guys were able to get the last generator. How lucky were you guys! It is one of those things to don't go buy, until you need it. I can't believe the damage that the wind caused. It is unbelievable. I am glad you guys didn't have a ton of damage to clean up at your house. Going without power for 2 days was enough of a struggle I am sure!
It sounds like you guys had a Happy Christmas!! Yay!! They pictures are cute! I love how excited Ethan is holding his Wii game. Too cute! And WOW what a nice car!! What year is it? I am glad you guys have a nice big car your whole family can fit in now. That is a huge blessing! You need to take that baby on a road trip. To the Island! hahaha Love you, glad you were protected while you were driving on 89 during the wind storm! Happy New year!
Yes, Generator are definitely one of those purchase you don't go buy until you absolutely NEED it, which is usually at a time when everyone else needs one so therefore you may be out of luck! It totally sucked being without power, you seriously don't realize even the smallest everyday blessings like electricity until you no longer have it. It sucked we were going crazy! But we survived lol! Yeah we like our new car, and we got them to lower the price a bit which was a bonus! It is a 2008, but only has 30,000 miles so we thought that was pretty good. It has a TV installed in it already for the kids, for our upcoming road trip (wink wink)!! And I am definitely loving the space!
Yeah I can't imagine going 2 days or 4 days like some people did without power, Mom was telling me that they did't have a stove for a whole week because of the guy who turned their power back on did it wrong or something like that. I can't remember the reason. But I frustrating right!
It sounds like you guys go a great deal. It looks like it was taken care of really well. Only 30,000 miles is great and a '08 that is almost brand new! hahaha The newest car we have ever had is our QX4 we have right now. It is a 2001 and I was excited when we bought it 4 years ago because we finally had a car in the 2000s and not the '90! Now it is over 10 years old!
Anyways I am happy for you guys. It is nice to have a good reliable vehicle!
Post a Comment