Enjoy the little things

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Treasure Hunting in the diaper!

Nov. 20, 2011
I don't know if you can see what is wrong with this x-ray, but this is my little Kiley who did a very naughty thing. She was playing with a penny one night (Kev likes to bring home change for the kids to put in their piggy bank) I had gone out to take some trash out then Sharon came yelling for me telling me Kiley had just swallowed a penny. She had a penny and now it was gone, no one actually saw her put it in her mouth and swallow, But Kiley told us that she had swallowed the penny. So we called Wee Care and they told us that we need to go to the Emergency room. Well we weren't even sure that she had even swallowed a penny so we didn't want to spend $250 just for them to tell us she hadn't, so we decided to wait it out. We Googled what to do if you swallow a penny and it said that unless it is interfering with your breathing and airway to just wait it out until it comes out the other end. So that is what we decided to do. But we wanted to make sure she did in fact swallow the penny so I took her into Kev's work the next morning and he x-rayed her and low and behold at the bottom of the x-ray you could see the penny in her intestines getting ready to come out. It took a couple days and she was still pooping regularly so I knew it wasn't causing any blockage, but finally 3 days after she had swallowed it I found it in her diaper. It wasn't very fun digging through her poop every time she did #2 let me tell you. I almost threw up a couple times! But I was so grateful it finally came out and she had no problems! Kind of a funny story to keep for the books though! So I thought I would share!

4 comments:

Vyedka said...

hahahaha that is a funny story!! I was reading it to Oakley and she started laughing when I told her you found the penny in here poopy diaper! I am glad that she didn't start to choke! But I can't really tell what I am looking at in the picture. It is way too small. Is it that white dot in the very bottom in the middle? I am glad that she was okay. And sorry you had to dig thru poop for 3 days. hahaha oh and nice that you saved $250.00!

Erika and Kevin said...

Thanks Vyedka! Yeah Kiley was pretty proud about it to! She would tell everyone, and I mean everyone that she pooped out a penny! It was cute! I know that x-ray picture isn't very good I am sorry, but yes it is the little white dot at the very bottom, in the center. I am gonna see if Kev can get me another picture so you can see it better. It is kinda funny actually!

Vyedka said...

hahahaha Kiley is too cute! I think it is funny that she could tell every one and how cute is it that she was so proud of herself! hahaha adorable! But I still feel sorry for you having to hunt in her poop for 3 days! Yuck!

Jared and Jessica said...

I remember x-raying kids like that! I'm just waiting for one of mine to do it!