Enjoy the little things

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

July with a BANG!

Can life just slow down a bit! Here another month has come and gone and I am WAYYY behind once again! I'll just start with how we celebrated our 4th of July! I had to work Saturday morning so I wasn't able to venture to any parades or anything. We were suppose to do the Kaysville Rotary 5k, I had signed up for it and everything, but I somehow had forgotten I had to work that morning so Kev went and ran it with out me :( Well James and Nessa did it too but... he decided he would push Ethan, which I think he regreted half way through running the hills, Ethan is not a lightest of kids lol but he had fun and his time was EXCELLENT! Nessa's first 5k! Good Job Ness! You did AWESOME!We celebrated fireworks that night at Davis and sat around and played games! It was fantastic! On Sunday the actual 4th we watched the movie John Adams: Independence. It was an awesome way to remember our country's humble beginnings and how inspired our fore fathers were! After the movie we set off our own fireworks. Ethan and Kiley loved every second! Monday the 5th we needed a break! Kev had a day off work so we thought it would be a great day to go to the lake a RELAX! We hadn't even taken our Kayaks out once this year so we were excited to get! We started very early, probably a little tooo early... It was quite cold when we got up there but Kev wanted to get out on the lake and start fishing, I stayed back and waited till it warmed up a bit and let the kids sleep a little bit longer, they LOVE their sleep! Once Ethan woke though he was ready to go! He loves kayaking and fishing! He actually caught 2 fish that morning! So as we were just kayaking a long, Ethan was with me, we were playing some games and he was pretending that the kayak was a horse, he would sway back and forth and say Yee Haww.. well he lost his grip and fell... head first.. into the water, it had been a pretty cold day too so I knew the water was going to be freezing! I hurried up and pulled him in and took him back to shore as quickly as possible, the wind had started picking up which didn't help the situation at all!! My poor little man! I felt so bad! We got him undressed and covered him in a nice warm blanket and just let him bask in the sun. Needless to say that kinda cut our trip short, he was ready to go after that, but It was still a fun day at the lake :)
Ready to get on the lake!trying to stay warm!
My Beautiful Girl

1 comment:

Vyedka said...

I am sorry you had to work that Saturday morning! No fun! Hopefully next year you will be able to run the race! Good job Kevin on your 5k pushing Ethan! I wouldn't want to push my kids! Good job Ness and James on your first 5k! I wish we could have been there for the fireworks! Davis High fireworks are always the best! How fun that Ethan caught 2 fish! And how scary to have him fall in the water! Poor little guy, I bet that cold water was horrifying to fall into! We still need to someday go Kayaking with you guys. I have never been and I am always so jealous of you guys every time I read about your awesome fun trips out Kayaking! Love your pictures, especially the picture of your cute baby girl! She is adorable!