Monday, April 21, 2008
Salt Lake City Bike Tour
25 Miles!!!
We did it! Saturday was the Salt Lake City Marathon Bike Tour! It was so much fun... hard work, but totally worth it! The morning started about 4:30am, we had to be up there by 5:30am and the tour began at 6:00am. It was pretty cold, but not as cold as last year! It began at the Uof U, went down to about 6300 South and then back up to the Gateway.
Kev and I, his brother Shaun and his buddy Tom did the tour, there was a killer head wind all the way down to 63oo South but once we turned around it was behind us. I couldn't have done it without my amazing husband! He was literally pushing me, and encouraging me and I couldn't have done it without him! I love him so much and want him to know that! It is such a great ride!
I love biking!! My favorite part was seeing everybody at the finish line, My little man Ethan, My parents,, Kev's mom, val, kenzie and dakota and Toms family. My eyes started swelling up with tears when I first saw my little guy! and everyone else I love and I wondered if this is what it'll be like when I die,
everybody waiting for me at the finish line, cheering me on and embracing eachother when we reach the line! I like that thought... Any way afterwards we went up behind the capital and had a little party with the gang from Utah Orthopeadic Specialists, They won the biggest group contest so we all got some cool shirts. Now our next challenges are Antelope by moonlight antother 25 mile bike ride around antelope island and we are actually going to be doing the Baer Gutsman this year! Kev already signed us up and paid for it so I have no choice! Ahhhh ...I am actually really excited. If anybody thinks they are man or women enough to do it let us know and we can sign you up! 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Which marathon are you guys going to run, maybe i should work up to it first, like first run a half marathon and see how I do, or even first a 5K, But that definatley sounds fun! You know they didn't even have a clock at the end of the ride so we kinda just had to estimate the exact time but it was the same as last year, 1 hour 25 min., but last year we didn't have a killer head wind so I think it slowed us down a bit, Kev could have come in a whole lot faster though, but he wanted to stay behind with me a literally push me along! It was great fun! I love entering into things, I gets us looking forward to things and working forward to things! If you guys are planning on doing marathons you should get the Runners World Mag. it has awesome info on running and training, we have some mag if you want to read them and get some valuable training info!
There is a run in September called Top of Utah Marathon it is in Logan. So that is what we are hoping to run. If we are still here in UT and not in Aus. Steve is all about ALL or NONE, he only wants to run a marathon and then do ultrathons, (the 100 mile runs) pretty crazy huh! But you could do a marathon if you trained for it first, for like 16 or 20 weeks. Anyone could do a 5k, aren't they only 3 miles? So just train with us and run a full marathon first! We have been thinking about getting that Mag. But havn't yet, maybe we could borrow some issues. Thanks!
Go Erika! I am so proud of you! I love that you and you husband do it together. Jared was going to do the half with me but his knee got bad. Anyways. I'm doing the top of utah in september! I'm excited! If you started training you could just start with the full marathon. Sometimes when you run a half it freaks you out a bit and for a split second you think that you wouldn't want to run another 13 miles. But if you do it let me know i would love to see you! I was bumed i didn't see you on saturday. we should have met up some where.
Post a Comment