Enjoy the little things

Friday, December 31, 2010

Merry Christmas

We had quite the eventful Holiday season this year! The first week of December Kev's mom was diagnosed with Melanoma that was found in one of her birth marks... not a good way to begin the Christmas season, and she found out almost 2 years to the day that Kev's Dad past away from Cancer. So they scheduled her to have surgery a week and a half later to remove it and do more tests. After surgery, her tests turned out great, they were able to remove all the cancer from her leg she now just needs to get frequent check ups to make sure it doesn't return. So we are so very grateful that everything turned out to be OK.
Monday before Christmas James and Nessa came over for Family Home Evening and we put together some Awesome Gingerbread Houses, actually Nessa and James had a Gingerbread Village and we had a Gingerbread Train, Kev decided to turn it into some kind of fire weapon, but it turned out so fun! The kids loved helping daddy put it all together and sneaking a candy or two into their mouths.
Nessa and James! I love these two!
My crazy kids... Already they have had way to much sugar!My hot Hubie... uh ohhh he has pulled out the hot glue gun! This is going to be one awesome train/weapon transporter

Not quite finished...Adding his special touches....After... They did such a good job! Ethan and Kiley loved this activity! They have the cheesiest smiles!Christmas morning we woke the kids up around 8:00... Which is pretty late, for me anyway on Christmas morning... We were up pretty late the night before taking Kiley into the doctor, I swear it is our curse every Christmas eve/Christmas morning since Ethan was born we have been in the Insta Care, Pink Eye had been going rapid in our ward and I guess it was our turn so Kiley ended up with pink eye, poor girl was so miserable she hardly even wanted to open any of her presents, good thing her brother was so excited he just wanted to open anything and everything so he was more then happy to help Kiley open her gifts. It ended up being a great day! I love to spend every second with my Hubie and kids! I love them to death!

Ethan found his Santa Bag!

Kiley found her Santa bag!And Daddy found his Santa Bag!! Man.. I LOVE this MAN!This is the doll my mom and I nearly KILLED ourselves trying to get! My poor Kiley she looks so sick...

Ethan LOVES his Leapster and his Digging for Dinosaurs game

5 comments:

kim said...

I love the gingerbread train. That looks like it took a lot of talent! I love that your cute kiddos look so much like you!! Oh, they are so CUTE! Thats a bummer Kiley had pink eye on Christmas. It still looks like you all had fun, though!

Erika and Kevin said...

Thanks Kim! We had a great Christmas!

Vyedka said...

Glad to hear that Kevin's Mom is doing good! Love all the pictures too cute! What a fun FHE activity! Sorry to hear about Kiley in the Insta care. I am glad that she is fine now! It sucks having sick kids and sucks even worse having sick kids on a holiday! Love your Santa bags! It is such a fun idea, I love that when we were young. Finding our Christmas bag on the couch! Good timeS! I don't know the story about the Jessie doll. Did you get it on black friday? Looks like you guys had a fantastic Christmas!

Erika and Kevin said...

Hahaha oh my Gosh YES we got the Jessie doll at Walmart, black Friday, Mom was in charge of the big screen TV which was right next to where the Jessie dolls were and they have all the toys on a pallet with plastic wrap all over, so once it turns midnight they cut the plastic wrap and all heck breaks loose! people were jumping... literally jumping on other people to get to these dolls, someone knocked mom in the face, causing her glasses to fly off her face, she wasn't even suppose to be in the commotion cause obviously she was work on the clock, but one kid jumped on some old ladies back and was throwing the dolls behind him, it was just ridiculous!! I don't know if I will do it again... but WoOW

Vyedka said...

OH MY HECK! That sounds so crazy! I can't believe people think it is okay to act like that! I hope Mom found her glasses before that got crashed! I have never done Black Friday before and I don't think I ever will. I am sorry but I would rather pay more money than be in a crowd of people thinking that I am going to die or get trampled!