Enjoy the little things

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Halloweeeen Festivities!

For Halloween this year Kev and I had a hard time deciding what to dress up as. We didn't want to go out a buy a costume so we just looked around to see what we already had and we decided to go as Army Dudes since Kev's brother is in the Air Force he has sent Kev quite a few things so we had enought stuff we could dress up and it turned out great! Ever since "How to train your Dragon" came out Ethan has been obsessed with dragons so of course he had to be a dragon for Halloween. Kev's mom found a way cute Fairy Princess outfit at Old Navy so that is what kiley was. This year was very cold and rainy though it was hard to keep her warm but she just did a couple houses anyway. We went out to my Brother in law Dave's house and did our Trick or Treating out there with his kids and Ness and James came with us too They were Raggedy Ann and Andy, I think next year we will definatly be borrowing their outfits lol too cute! So since halloween really was on Sunday but everyone here celebrated it on Saturday, Sunday Kev and I decided to throw a fun little Halloween party, We served Taco Soup and Cheese Brocolli Soup (mmm My favorite) My mom made these Awesome finger breadsticks, there were sooo delicious and Amanda made some very yummy rotten apple cider drink and Nessa brought some dirt cakes with worms in them! I turned out to be so fun! We did some apple bobbing the kids (and big kids ;) ) loved it! Thanks for all you came and helped and had a great time! It was kind of a spur of the moment thing but it turned out great!Here we all are trick or treating in the freazing cold!Nessa and James! They look so cute!!Kiley and Ethan with our cute niece Bailey. She loves to help Ethan and Kiley!Here are some pictures of our little party and some of our awesome decorations!My moms yummy Finger breadsticks.. ooo those sound so good right now!
Here are some pictures of our awesome Apple Bobbing contest! Much fun and harder than it looks! Some people had a really hard time with it hehe and I think James won for longest time!

5 comments:

The Schramm's said...

Ooooh! Look how fun you guys are!! Love the food and decor! Awesome! Nice work on the apples too! I have never bobbed for apples in my life. Need to try that next year I am thinkin!

Erika and Kevin said...

It looks so easy but It is actually so hard to do hahaha It was pretty funny watching everyone do it!

Vyedka said...

Okay Super cute pictures! Love it! I love Halloween! It is probably my favorite holiday (besides Christmas!) Your family looks adorable! I love Ethan's Dragon costume! Where did you get that? Nessa and James looked adorable. Where did they get their costumes? How fun to throw a little party and the food looks great! Love your decorations too! And the Apple Bobbing looks hilarious! Too Cute!

Erika and Kevin said...

I know don't u love Nessa and James costumes! They got them from target, Ethan's costume i got from stina!After How to train your dragon came out Ethan LOVES dragons so when I saw that costume I had to borrow it!

Vyedka said...

hahaha sweet! LOVE the costumes! looks fun everyone looked so cute!