Enjoy the little things

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Yeah!! Kev and I ALWAYS look forward to this time of the year.. yes that is right Christmas Tree permits! We get to freeze our butts off and sleep on the deck of soldier hollow, but we really don't freeze our butts off, the last couple years have been so warm this year I didn't even need to wear my puffy jacket till the morning! This year we were all sweating in our sleeping bags, Kiley slept with me in mine, she was my little heater we kept each other very warm! But we always have a very fun time! Amanda, Josh and Nikki came with us this year. It was quite excitin! After we get our permits in the morning we go cut down our beautiful Christmas tree! There was hardly any snow this year (which is always nice when we are trying to cut our tree) Except for this one part which had to be where Dave slid off the road it took about an hour in a half to finally get his big diesel truck out it ended up being a very long day but always a fun adventure!
Very early Saturday morning... still trying to wake up :)
But we are first in line.. again... 7 years in a row for me :) More for my hubbie!Amanda survived the night! It was nothin this year!Josh and Nikki survived too! Now if she survives driving up in the snowy mountains to get our trees, that is the real challenge!

YEAH! We got our permit!Found our perfect tree!At got it decorated before Thanksgiving! Yea!! Tis the season! Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

The Schramm's said...

I love getting trees! We go snowmobiling with my inlaws and get them their tree every year. I am lazy and just use our old fake one still though. One of these days I will get a lovely real one. I have been waiting for you to post stuff!! Gotta keep me updated!! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!

kim said...

How fun that you guys get a permit for a tree! We always get a real tree but from a lot that sells them - definitely not as cool. I would love to try this! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Vyedka said...

Beautiful pictures! You guys have such a fun family tradition! Love it!