
Saturday was finally the race! I was sooo nervous I could barley sleep the night before! The race started at 6:00am at the south mountain road chapel, in Fruit Heights. Wow what an experience it was! I could not have been able to do it with out the support of my husband!

I love him soooo much! He rigged up this rope on the back of his camel back for me to hang on and he'd pull me up the mountain if I was having a hard time! The first time we hiked it, it took us 3 hours and 56 minutes to get to the top, on race day it took us 3 hours exactly we cut 56 minutes off our hiking time! We were feeling pretty good! It is a 13 mile race 7 miles to the top of the mountain then 6 miles to the finish line! We finished in 4 hours and 25 minutes! I was about ready to DIE, but I was pretty freaking excited that I finished! They had signs all the way up the trail that said "Be true to your goals", "It is suppose to hurt" & "Conquer Thyself" It was pretty encouraging! Nothing was more encouraging than My amazing husband, The first time he did this race he finished in 3 hours and 9 minutes. But this time he promised me he would stay by my side the whole time! I am so grateful for him and his encouragement and for believing in me and for literately PULLING me up the mountain! One girl we passed said Wow you must really love her! It was an awesome experience and I can't wait to train for next years Crazy Bob's Bair Gutsman! Hopefully Kev won't have to do much pulling next year!

When we got home our legs where just FILTHY! I'll just say those aren't tan lines on our legs! It was pretty gross, but a shower felt pretty good!
3 comments:
Great job you guys!! That is awesome you guys got to do the Bair Gutsman this year! Congrats on finnishing! Did they give you those yellow shirts or did you guys go out and buy them? Anyway it looks like it was a lot of fun and a lot of hard work! And your legs look like Zaky's legs did when he was little! Hahaha. J/K
Ohh No those yellow shirts we got when we did the Salt Lake City Marathon Bike tour, We got some gray shirts for the Bair Gutsman though, we will have to come show you.
Erika! That is so cool! i am so proud of you! We should do some kind of race together! I love a challange! Way to go girl! You are Awesome! And how cute of your husband to pull you through it! I wish jared would do things like that with me... but its just not his thing. O well :) he is always there at the end with a poster or something!
Post a Comment