Enjoy the little things

Monday, August 11, 2008

Baker Family Campout!

This last weekend we were able to go up to Lava Hot Spring and have a Baker Family Reunion / Campout. I can't remember the last time we did anything like this with my family. It was a lot of fun and definatly something we need to do every year if not more! Friday night we got up there set up camp and made some yummy dinner and visited. It wasn't the best weather, but that is what makes it a more exciting experience! The first night it was pouring rain and lightning, but the next morning it was beautiful and clear! Kev made breakfast and then everyone was off to the pool! Kev, me, vanessa, and james decided to float the river instead. That is such a blast! Next time we go up we are going to bring are own tubes so we don't have to pay by the hour and we can go anytime we want! They have waterfalls that you go down and you chain together otherwise it is easier to tip over. It was a lot of fun! I put sunscreen on, but I still got a nice sunburn on my shoulders.

Afterwards Kev went fishing and I went to the pools to play with Ethan. He actually loved swimming! The last couple times Kev and I have taken him swimming he hasn't liked it very much, but he loved swimming this time! That night after dinner we put on a Family Talent show, which turned out to be a lot of fun!

My Dad did a dance for us...

My mom sang us a song she used to sing with her family when she was a little girl called "A Perfect Day"

Joseph and Kendra's Family put on a cute cute skit of Albi the Racist dragon, if you have seen flight of the conchords you know what I am talking about...

Sharstina and Matt - Myka showed us a cartwheel and Keiphlen showed us a awesome basketball move, Their talents were too quick I wan't able to get a picture :<


Jaran and Shannon's boys sung to us - Mckie sang I am a chid of God and Brensyn sang I am trying to be like Jesus (I loved his face expressions)

Jonny and Erica's little boy JJ sang to us as well, I think he sang Families can be together forever

Vyedka and Steve's boy Kaleb sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Vanessa sang a song to us in Mongolian and James ate a 1/2 gallon of ice cream... i bet he felt really sick afterwards

Kevin and Erika - Kevin showed awesome card tricks to the kids, they loved it!

Nikki dazzled us with showing us how to have a good time ;) she threw a water balloon at Jaran, but it didn't even pop, he picked it up and it popped all over her!
Buddy showed us his awesome wrestling moves on Jonny
and Amanda played Oh my father on her violin, It was very beautiful!

We all had such a good time! Thank you soo much kendra for arranging it all and putting it all together! You are awesome, Lets start planning next years camp out!

2 comments:

McKell said...

That is so good of your family. I LOVE the pictures of your Dad dancing! Looks like you all had a lot of fun!

Vyedka said...

Cute post Erika! The river looked like it was a lot of fun! I loved the pictures, will you e-mail them to me? Thanks!