April 17th was the Salt Lake City Bike Tour! We have done this every year since 2007, well except for last year since I was giving birth to Kiley, but We LOVE this ride! We did 25 miles in 1 hour and 2 minutes! I was so excited about that! We beat our years past time by 30 minutes! I love road bikes!
After our 25 mile ride through Salt Lake City, we decided to ride home from the Gateway, which was the finish line, so we could get a good training ride in for our 100 mile ride for diabetes we had planned in June. I was feeling pretty good after our 25 mile ride so I decided to go on and ride home! It was such a great ride and a beautiful crisp morning! There was nothing better and by the time we got home I was feeling great! It was about another 17 miles to ride home from the gateway so in total we rode about 42 miles. It was awesome! Here are some pictures Kev got of us riding...
April 29 My older sister Ness married her sweetheart James! It was so wonderful! They were married in the Draper temple! Vyedka was able to come home from Canada to be Nessa's photographer and I was so grateful to be able to see Vyedka, she did such an amazing job! Like I said in the post before, we were suppose to have the reception is our backyard, but it ended up snowing on us that day! It was so freazing cold! So we were up till about 3:00 am the night before scrounging things together that we could decorate the church with! A big thanks to Kathy, who did mine and vyedka's wedding flowers and decorations for us, she went out of busniess a couple years ago, but we (or I should say Stina) called her and luckily she still had a couple things left that she hadn't sold yet. She saved the day! It turned out absolutly beautiful in the church though! It was a wonderful day We are so happy for Ness and James! We love you guys!

That weekend we decided it would be fun to take Ethan on the frontrunner! He was WAY excited! He loved every second of it! We got on in Farmington, went all the way down to the Gateway, watched How to Train your Dragon (loved it!) Then hopped back on the frontrunner to home!! It was a great day! Ethan fell asleep on the ride home but he couldn't have been any more happier! Oh and to all that don't know the track in down down are free, so after you get off the front runner, get on tracks, we didn't know this, we started walking to the gateway, which was a couple blocks north after you get off the front runner, and some cops stopped us and told us to get on tracks before we got jumped... kinda scary but we were laughing about it afterwards! So just FYI :)
the excitment and anticipation!
He enjoyed every second of it!

Here it comes!!
the excitment and anticipation!


Kiley did too!
and when we are not biking, we like to do alot of this too...

Ohhh good times :)






2 comments:
You got some cute kids :)
Great time! I love when I bet my personal recorders! Great job! You guys amaze me, how fun that you get to ride with Kevin when ever you want! I am so jealous! I wish Steve and I could run together when ever we wanted! Maybe someday!
Thanks Erika for your kind words! I was excited to come home and be Nessa's photographer, I hope she like the pictures! It really ended up being a beautiful day in the end! Who cares if the weather was crappy! We were all just so happy for Nessa and James! I am glad I was able to be there for it!
Love the picture of Ethan so excited to ride the front runner! Too cute!
Fun times hiking, I love it!
Post a Comment