Tuesday, March 02, 2010
Burnings and Ice Castle's
Kev has been reading a lot of books about our country's history and what not, and has just been so inspired by our country's humble beginnings. He has been doing a couple fun projects around the house, mostly just on our book shelf. I need to reorganize my book shelf, it kinda looks sloppy right now but I wanted to post what he has been working on. He burned into our book shelf "The Pledge of Allegiance", it looks so awesome and on one side he carved in the pyramid found on our dollar bill, We just really like the meaning behind it, and on the other side he is burning the American Eagle. He has done such an amazing job and he has so much talent! It looks so awesome! We would really like to do an american history tour. Go see Boston, Pennsylvania, go back to DC, and see Monticello, Gettysburg. There is so much to see back there, it would be so much fun and so interesting. We went back to DC almost a year an half ago, but there was still so much more we could have seen! We love our country's history!
Kev isn't quite finished with the eagle
It is hard to see this one, but it looks so cool!
This last weekend we were able to go see the Ice Castle's in Midway! It was the last weekend they were having showings, because it is starting to melt and be a hazard, so we were very grateful we were able to see it!
Nessa and James! What a cute couple they are!


Going through the creepy tunnel
All and all it was very amazing to see! Ethan loved every second of it and hated to leave! Hopefully we will be able to see it earlier in the year next year, before it starts melting away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
How cool is that! I love the pledge of allegiance on the front, and the eagle is awesome! He is so talented!!
I have never heard of the ice castle. I will have to check it out! You do so many fun things!!
Thanks Kim you are so sweet! Yea I had never heard of it either but my mother-in-laws friend was telling us about it so we decided to go check it out before they closed it down for the season. It was pretty cool!
That looks like so much fun! I didn't even know they had them??? So are they every year?
Awesome work Kevin! I bet you could make a side business doing wood burning for people. Really great work. What books has he read? 1776?
We're sorry we didn't make it to the ice castle with you guys! It looks like it was pretty awesome! We'll go next year! :)
Jessica - This is the first year I have ever heard of the ice castles, but I believe they are going to do them again next year cause there was a sign that said "See you next year" so hopefully...
Steve - Thank you! Kev has really enjoyed working with his hands lately! I think he does a great job too, He has read 1776, John Adams, Morning on horeback (He really likes David McCollough) Team of rivals, Manhunt, Six frigates, undaunted courage, lone survivor, Lost city of Z, Resolute, I am probably missing some but he has really enjoyed reading these books!
Nikki- Yea you guys missed a good show! it was pretty good, next year will be better though we will go earlier in the season so we can see them before they start melting away!
Those ice castles are amazing! I have never seen or heard of them before! You guys sure do a ton of way fun stuff!
Beautiful Wood burnings! And I am so jealous of you guys going to see the Ice Castle's! Super cute cute pictures! Those Ice Castle's look amazing! And HUGE!
Post a Comment