Enjoy the little things

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Time For An Update

Ok I have really slacked off on my blogging so far this year, I have resolved to try to do better this year! I can not believe where the time has gone! Kev's dad has been gone for about 6 weeks now! Where did the month of December and January go? The month of December was just an emotion rollercoaster all month. It is hard to get back to normal when you lose a loved one, It is still hard to believe that Kev's Dad is gone. Ethan surely misses seeing his grandpa everytime we go upstairs for a visit. I feel very blessed to have been living here to have spent the last two years with his parents getting to know them better, We love being here for his mom and helping her with anything she needs. Life is so fragile and you never know when our time on this earth will be done. He was able to give Sharon a beautiful suprise birthday party the night before. He is a wonderful Father and Friend. We were also able to get some family pictures in October when Chris came home for Kev's Dad suprise birthday party.

The funeral service was on Dec. 13. Kev and his brothers all gave tributes to their dad and they all did such a beautiful job. The funeral went so beautifully. It was a blizzard all day long, except for when we had to drive to Logan where his gravesite is, actually right before logan in wellsville. It is soo georgous up there. and the gravesite service was awesome as well. It was a very good tribute to an amazing man! We miss him so much! It is amazing how much peace we have felt and How blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives, to know the plan of salvation and to know where he is and know that we will see him again one day!

Christmas Day really didn't feel like Christmas to Kev and I. We bought another vehicle so we decided that would be our christmas for eachother, But I couldn't just leave it at that, I got him some sleepers (of course) for Christmas Eve and a new bike computer for his road bike. He got me a beautiful, comfortable robe I have been wanting since we were married. Ethan loved opening all of his gifts and he actually stopped and wanted to play with every single one! New years Eve we were asleep by 10:00 so we kinda missed it, we were one tired bunch, December had been a very draining month!

Ethan made his very first snowman with Mommy, we didn't have great snow, it was kinda melting, and our snowman kept tipping over! So that is why he kinda looks pretty deformed.
It looks like he was beaten with an ugly sick, but Ethan and I had a blast making him! (Thanks Erica for the snowman kit you gave us when we were first married! It was so fun to get out and use!)

3 comments:

Vyedka said...

Great post Erika, I have been checking your blog pretty much everyday wish you would post something :) I love reading your blogs! It sounds like the funeral was beautiful. It didn't know you bought another car, that is exciting! What kind did you buy and where did you get it? You will have to do a post and post some pictures of it! I loved seeing the pictures of your special snowman! I think he turned out super cute! How are you feeling! You only have 12 more weeks left! That is exciting! When is your exact due date? Hope you are feeling great and I hope you guys are doing good. Tell your cute little family hi from us!

Jessika and Josh said...

I love your snowman! And that last picture with him and Ethan is adorable! I love it!

Erika and Kevin said...

Yea I didn't relize how much work it is to biuld a snowman, i didn't have the best snow though, it was melting so it was really wet and heavy But it was fun I hadn't built one since I was little. Yea we just bought a Toyota Corolla, it is soooo nice to finally have a car if i need to run anywhere.