Enjoy the little things

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Douglas Charles Pearce (October 3, 1943 - December 7, 2008)

Douglas Charles Pearce
"SWEETHEARTS FOREVER"
FRUIT HEIGHTS – Doug was born October 3, 1943 to Rulon and Grace (Just) Pearce, the 4th of five children, Barbara, Leonard, JoAnn and Carol.
He died December 7, 2008, surrounded by his loving family. He was ill for a period of eight years, and was continually valiant. He was cared for by Dr. Vincent Hansen, and his compassionate staff. Thank you for your loving care you gave to both Doug and to Sharon.

Doug loved his eternal companion Sharon, so dearly, that he fought to stay with her as long as he was able. Doug and Sharon were married February 19, 1965 in the Salt Lake Temple, always to be together. They were blessed with five wonderful sons David, Shaun, Chris, Jon, and Kevin, who each married special girls, Michelle Mayfield, Val Turner, Trish O’Conner, Julie Brown, and Erika Baker. They have 15, soon to be 16, darling grandchildren, 10 boys, and six girls. Family being Doug and Sharon’s greatest joy, so proud of each of their individual families, and the love and support they have given, and continue to give in so many ways.

Doug served in the North British Mission at nineteen, and continued to serve other the remainder of his life. Doug and Sharon served in the Bountiful Utah Temple as ordinance workers for a period of years. Their time together serving will always be a treasured memory. Doug was employed by Monsen Engineering, and we thank them for their continued support and kindness during Doug’s illness. Doug was kind, forgiving, peaceful, gentle man, and will be missed until we are once again together.

Funeral services will be held Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 11 a.m. at the Fruit Heights 8th Ward, 170 No. Mountain Road. Friends and family may call Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Lindquist’s Kaysville Mortuary, 400 North Main and Saturday from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the church.
Interment, Wellsville City Cemetery.

3 comments:

Vyedka said...

We are so sorry for your lost. He will be truly missed. Doug was truly the most Christ like man I have ever met. Steve and I cherish our memories we had with him. He was always so kind and helpful to our family in our times of need. He made us feel welcomed and loved when we were around him. I remember how grateful I was when Doug was there at our house helping with Kaleb's blessing when he burned his chest. Your parents didn't have to come over at 11:00pm on a Thursday night, but they did come over to show there support to me and my family and especially Kaleb and it truly meant A LOT to me and Steve. And I know because of the blessing, because of the faith of the men in the circle, Kaleb was healed, like it never happened. Your Dad was an amazing man and a great example of how to love and treat your wife. What an amazing gift he gave your Mom and each of his kids. The gift of love. How beautiful to know how much your Dad loved your Mom. I wish I was there to wrap my arms around you guys and Sharon, and be there for his funeral and to give you guys support. I am praying for your family, I love you guys and want you to know that I am so so sorry for your lost. "Doug was a kind, forgiving, peaceful, gentle man, and he will be missed until we are once again together."

Vyedka said...

Oh and I wanted to thank you for sharing his obituary, it was so beautifully written.

The Baker Family - a red thread said...

I can't even imagine how hard this must be for you and especially for Kevin. Please know that you are both in our thoughts and prayers, as is Kevin's mom. I know that you will get through this with your testimony of the plan of salvation, but even that testimony doesn't make you miss him any less. We love you and are here for you if there is anything you need.